Friday, July 20, 2012

Japanese Cherries


Recently,1 of my readers asked me about the salted Sakura leaves as she wants to make Sakura Mochi.
That reminded me of something which I've forgotten;that is to show the photo of the lovely cherries.
There are many Sakura trees here but I've not seen any fruits and if I manage to find any,they are too small to be eaten.
Maybe these cherries come from different kinds of species in Yamagata Prefecture in Tohoku region.
When we lived in Singapore  , my husband once brought them to his company to share with his staff after his business trip in Japan .Later I heard from his Indian driver who also got some of them that he had  brought back home  and called his relatives and enjoyed each one.
He said that they looked like beautiful ornaments, and I thought the prices were also like ornaments too!
                         
                                     This photo was taken in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment