Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The typhoon hit us!




 The typhoon number  4 hit my town in Kanagawa Prefecture at  midnight  today..This typhoon has come  much earlier  than previous years as it's still the rainy season now.There was a  big storm ,so  I was worried that our roof would be  blown off in the gale.! Actually we heard the sound of  the bluster , it was very scary.

During the storm for a few hours  I was thinking how harsh  Mother  Nature is towards us..
We 've earthquakes,tornadoes and typhoons ,too.

I heard that even after the terrible earthquake and the  tsunami in the Tohoku district  , the local people were courteous without  a panic then foreign people admired their good manners..
Personally I think we have just been  accustomed to reconcile  to the severe nature which is beyond our ability.

 This morning I found some of the bamboo trees nearby and the seedllings of the tomatoes I had planted at our small garden  fell down ..I am afraid the price of the vegetables are going up.

Today it is  34 degrees in Hachioji , Tokyo, which has the highest temperature in Japan is experiencing summer now .
Sadly, the typhoon number  5 will be attacking  soon !




                                       20.6.2012

                                        20.6.2012
                                      20.6.2012
                            20.6.2012 ( plum tree) Amazingly most  fruits were still on the branches!

                                       3.3.2012 ( plum tree in  full bloom)
                     

No comments:

Post a Comment