Sunday, June 17, 2012

Hydrangeas along the roadside


The rainy season has set in here so the hydrangeas are in bloom now.
I think the soil and the moisture here is very  suitable for the flowers.
The florist said that the alkaline soil  may color them rather red  and the acid one  may do them blue..
When I stayed in London during the last summer for 1 month,I saw the hydrangeas in the neighbourhood of my daughter's house but did not think they were the same kind of flowers as their colour was too pale.
In Karamara,there is a temple named 'The Hydrangeas Temple',as it has so many flowers in the precinct and also in the garden.


                                           















      3.6..2012                                  
                                     
                                         
                                         

                                             7.6.2012


                                       
16.6..2012





















                       

                                           17.6..2012



























                                                             








1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I stumbled upon your blog while searching for information on the sakura leaves. Can you tell me where can I buy the preserved leaves in Singapore. I would like to try to make the Sakura Mochi (I already have the Preserved Sakura Blossoms). Thanks. Ginny (email: mars_lasar@yahoo.com.sg)

    ReplyDelete