Monday, February 6, 2012

Mackerel(Saba 鯖)

In Japan,during the winter season,most fish becomes tasty as the seas around Japan is cold so fish needs fat to survive.
Here Mackerel is the season now so we can get the fatty ones .

 I bought 2  very fresh mackerel fishes in the market ,I then prepared 2 dishes;1 was *Sukiyaki and the other was Mackerel Sushi which is my husband's favourite.
It takes at least 2 days to prepare mackerel sushi.
Firstly,I rub salt on the fish and keep it for half a day and I marinate it with Kelp for another half of a day.Then I remove the bones and peel the skin.
Lastly,I'll shape it in a rectangle with sushi rice  using a bamboo mat .
I prefer  the taste of the sushi after I have pressed for a day.

Grilled salted mackerels with  white raddish is also popular in Japan.

*'Sukiyaki is a dish prepared with thickly sliced beef,onion,tofu and mushrooms.It s cooked in a pan on the table.Sugar,soy sauce and sake are added for flavour.We can also use chicken or fish instead of beef.
We dip them in a well beaten egg.



I added minced ginger to sushi rice


No comments:

Post a Comment