Friday, January 20, 2012

Bento Lunch box

I strongly believe that Bento expresses one of our precious food cultures of Japan.
Bento is a lunch box often prepared by our mothers and we brought it to the Secondary and High school. Accordingly, it always reminds warm love of our mothers. I prepared them for my children for 8 years.
But in these days, Bentos are prepared and sold in the supermarkets and convenience stores.
But, if I have a budget of 1000 yen , I shall prefer to buy Bento even though it is cold.
Generally, Bento needs many kinds of side dishes just like appetiser  and white rice with ume-boshi (pickled plums).
So, Bento boxes are usually separated by the division of the container and  a few aluminum foils cups  not the flavor and tastes of dishes are mixed as the pictures shown below.





Since I am very choosy with it and seldom buy it from outside, but this particular
Bento(525 yen)is the one I sometimes want to buy for my lunch whenever I go to patronise at the market here.
Today,I chose the Bento with mackerel(boiled with miso paste which is fermented bioled soybeans ) because now it is the  season in winter.
Actually,Bentos have many varieties of main dishes such as Fried chicken,Tempura,Grilled salmon,Chinese style dishes and so forth.And, the sidedish menu is like egg,omelet,vegetable and seaweed  boiled  with soya sauce,tempura and pickles and so on.

The most importance for Bento is the balance and the color of the food as we enjoy it with our eyes before eating.
After the customers choose one  Bento,the staff at the shop puts hot white rice in the biggest division of the container.
The owner of this shop  appeared  in television  for a few times.
He also sells many packed meals  including roll sushi 525 yen for three.
The fish and vegetable shops are just at the opposite side of his shop so his dishes are so fresh!!





Bento boxes  in the supermarket





homemade bento boxes i prepared for my Brajilian friends when they lefft Japan last year.









No comments:

Post a Comment