Friday, September 14, 2012

Japanese Sweet Corns

The Japanese sweet corns are very sweet just like fruits.I was so surprised  as the corns that I ate in Singapore,which are from Malaysia,were not very sweet.
Only then did I realised that the Japanese corns are grown by the breeding method so they are so sweet.
The other day,I made pancakes using the sweet corns.I shaved them and fried the grains,thus following the recipe.
The pancakes were sweet so I did not have to pour any maple syrup on them.I also enjoyed the crunchiness of the corns.
Anyway,I am sure that the best way to prepare Japanese corns is to just boil or grill them and subsequently,spread soy sauce.
Summer is the season of the sweet corns.Now,they have come from Hokkaido.

It was  33.8 degrees  here today, that is about 5-7 degrees higher than the normal month  though September is supposed to be  autumn by the Japanese calendar.



No comments:

Post a Comment